Sylvia header

Sylvia header
‘A River Of Milk’, started as an e-zine that turned into this blog of Dutch-English poetry. I, your Laura of milk, am the editor and responsible for most of the translations from Dutch to English. Poetry Books for review can be send to my personal home adress after contacting me by e-mail. Submissions can be send to demelzadreams@posteo.net

zondag 13 augustus 2017

Sonia Gansterer - On My Canvas The Colour Slowly Darkens


'Thinking and loving and painting
between a glass of wine and the fur of a cat
or the midnights of the soul
or ‘heaven is of honey’
loving and thinking and painting
in the morning the rough air of the forest
- on my canvas the colour slowly darkens.'
Sonia Gansterer











Sonia Gansterer about her work:
I move between figuration and abstraction. My pictures are surfaces for the projections of inner sensations and states of the soul – intuitive and associative, often referring to visual impressions and lyrical texts that touch me. While painting I want to reach the boundlessness in me.
The theme that moves me is the fragility of our existence, that can be observed in nature, it’s becoming and passing away. I see humanity as a part of life’s ambivalence between archaic sensuality and the limits of the mind. For me to express visually, it means ‘to think life’. Tender, melancholic, wild.
  






Mag. Art. Sonia Gansterer (1968) grew up in Lower Austria, Kirchberg am Wechsel. She studied Applied Arts at the University of Vienna. Since 2008 she lives and works in Wegscheid am Kamp, Lower Austria. www.soniagansterer.at


Geen opmerkingen:

Een reactie posten